Thread: Gas prices!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Melinda in Tulsa

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
And yet I STILL see people leaving their BIG trucks running while they go into the post office - just saw one the other day. Gas prices are not high enough yet for some people I guess.

If food prices go up we will cut back to just essentials (not Doritos). We have so much abundance in this country there is a lot that most people could cut from their budget. Cable TV, $100 a month cell phones, etc., shopping for new clothes when you have a closet full....

When the economy is affected so much that the fat cats who own the big companies see problems with their bottom line, THEN maybe something will be done.
Barb, when you own a Diesel engine, it is much better to leave it running then constantly starting and stopping the engine. Trust me, it is much more expensive to replace a diesel engine than a gas engine anyday. Believe it or not people, there a a valuable use for large trucks and SUV's. Not every one is a soccer mom and lives in the city. I NEED a (large) truck. I would replace it with an SUV if I could afford to run 2 vehicles. I wouldn't own a car if you gave it to me. For me, it is absolutely useless.

It is the big oil companies and the stupid WALL STREET speculators who control the gas prices. I wish the government had let wall street fail.

As long as fuel is high, we will never get out of the recession. Oil effects every aspect of our lives, from the farm, to the store to our wallets. Therein lies the problem....GREED....

Last edited by Melinda in Tulsa; 02-24-2012 at 08:19 AM.