Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Glenn

Default Sending off Sewing machines to be repaired

First of all I want to make it clear that I am not judging anyone, not defending anyone or supporting anything. I have read negative and the positive post on the PDA of problems with people not getting their machines back even tho money was paid up front. My advice to you is always check out the place and owner of the shop you will be sending your machines to be cleaned and repaired. Is it a legit business, does this shop have a license to do this business. You can always check with BBB at the location to find out complaints negative and positive. It is costly to send machines off for cleaning and repair ie the shipping charges to and from, the cost of repairs including the cost of any parts. Make sure you have the shop sign for the machine received and return signature of acceptance and obtain a date the work will be completed and returned to you. I would never send one of my machines to another state for work> I have found that there are shops closer that can do quality work without the shipping plus will complete the work in a timely manner. A little time on research of local shops can save you the hassle and time frustration. Never pay money up front for work that has not been done. I am not here to make anyone upset or feel bad there are better ways of doing business long distance. As I said a little research can save you lots of time and trouble. Glenn