Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Remove it from the case and ship them seperately. Remove the spool pin from the machine and use painter's tape to tape it to the machine. Wrap the machine with something to prevent scratches. Pack around the machine tightly with wadded paper. Don't bother with peanuts or bubble wrap. If you do, the weight of the machine will allow it to shift in the box and it WILL punch a hole in the box.
The case I would think you could wrap in bubble wrap..it's considerably lighter and won't have the tendency to shift like the machine would.
That is PERFECT packing instructions!! You can do both together if you pack around the machine inside the case. I've gotten 2 packed like that and they did fine. But you have to wrap the machine really well with bubble wrap, put the lid on, strap it around with blue painters tape really well...like 3 times around in 3 places...wrap the whole case in bubble wrap, then put it in the box and pack paper tightly wadded up all around, over and under it so it doesn't shift. I got one that was thrown in a box with loose paper...amazingly it got only 1 small hole poked in the top from the spool pin and a crack in the joint of the base. The whole thing was rattling around inside the box when I got it!!!