View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 02:28 PM
peaceandjoy

Default Just want to share my excitement...

A week ago, I took a quilt to LQS for quilting. The usual turn-around is 2 weeks, but they called a couple of days ago to say it was ready. That was happy news! It's about 45 minutes away, so I took a friend with me to go pick it up (love it, will post pics after the binding is on) and we went to lunch.

On the way home, we decided to stop at a Mennonite store that was having an annual 15% off sale. I wasn't going to go - even on sale, I DO NOT NEED MORE FABRIC!!! But, you know how it is - you aren't far away and what the heck.

A quilt I'm working on is crazy big - it will be king-sized. I really hadn't thought about anything but the top when I started it. Now that the blocks are together and ready to be put into rows, though, I started thinking about the additional costs - batting, binding, quilting. Yikes!

Golden Lane has a clearance table, and I found enough of a fabric that was "okay." Not crazy about it, but hey, it's the back of the quilt. On sale for $3/yd!! As many places don't take additional discounts on clearance items, I thought it was going to be $3/yd - which still made me very happy. The discount was off of everything, though - so I got it for $2.55/yd! Oh my gosh, what a relief. Now I can afford the batting (which I'll purchase w/ a coupon, of course), lol.