Old 02-24-2012, 03:52 PM
rachelg

Default Finished Quilt for my niece...handquilited.

Hi everyone....I have only posted a few times. But I lurk a lot and have been inspired so many times by you all. And I have come here hundreds of times for tips and knowledge. I started this quilt almost two years ago when my niece was born, but family illness kept it at bay for a bit. I consider myself much the novice. I mostly machine piece and handquilt (in my lap). I have years of practice ahead of me to be good...have been here so many times to see if I was 'doing it right'. This quilt was quilted using Warm and Natural (and based on threads I've read, I will be trying different battings next time). I have trouble going through seams and my stitching on the back does not look like the front-it seems much smaller. A lot of mistakes here, but I LOVE how it turned out over all....love the crinkled, vintage look. Which I will admit, the quilt looked a little like that before I washed it (is that normal?). Anyway the fabric is Odyssea by Moda. Made from charm packs (even the binding). Thanks so much for looking and any advice! Oh and I use a 10 or 11 between. (please overlook the lint on the red piece....)

rachel
Attached Thumbnails wq2.jpg   wq3.jpg   wq4.jpg   wq5.jpg   wq7.jpg  

wq8.jpg   img_5728.jpg