Thread: Walmart
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I have not seen the new Wal-Mart lines - will have to see if my local store has them. Someone mentioned that the more expensive new lines are by Springs.

And, you know, Springs also does lines for JoAnn Fabrics; I believe the Susan Winget designer fabrics are made by Springs. And the quality of the printing is nice.

The reason I'm commenting is... have you seen the price that JoAnns charges for those? Last time I checked it was $12.99 / yard. Now, you know that is a phony price. If Wal-Mart is selling a comparable fabric for about $8 / yard, well, let's do some math. Most of us know not to buy anything from JoAnn's unless you have a 40% off coupon ... and 40% off of $12.99 is $7.80. So guess what? That marvelous coupon gives you a 20 cents/yard savings off of what would be a *fair* retail price.

Gee but I hate marketing gimmicks! Don't you think it would be easier if stores just charged a fair price every day? Then we could freely buy what we need for our projects when we need it, rather than having to wait for sales and then go on a buying binge, trying to anticipate what we *might* need down the road (and sometimes guessing wrong, which wastes money in the long run).

Am I the only one who feels this way?