View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 08:23 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
This was actually the first quilt I ever made. For months, I bought quarter yards of small print fabrics, any time I was near a fabric shop. (I honestly did not have a stash at the time!!). The top sat for 6 years, unquilted because I discovered a glaring flaw almost in the middle and did not know what to do to fix it. Finally, I openned some seams, moved a few things around and now, am very happy with My First Quilt!

The second one started as a few blocks because I wanted to try a Log Cabin (plus I needed something to do with the 'stash' I had acquired to make my FIRST quilt!!). I decided to make a lap quilt...which quickly changed into a twin bed quilt...which grew to fit a queen. And when it got to that point, I decided that I liked it so much that I would love to make it a king size to fit our bed, but could not find any more of the two fabrics that outline each block. (Sigh). And so it remains--Just a Queen!

My First Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222558[/ATTACH]

The Log Cabin that just 'growed and growed'!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222559[/ATTACH]
Your Log Cabin should be called the Topsy quilt... it just growed! I love it! Actually, love'em all!