View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:22 PM
NanaCsews2

Funny! I stopped (I mean slowed down a lot) when it just hit me one day when I realized that I need to use it all up before I am gone because I don't want just anyone to come in and take this stuff. My DH will be so distraught if I go first (as I would him too) that he won't be thinking clearly and he will just give it away to anyone who comes to the door. I too picked up several yards each time I went out the door to a sale, just to build up the stash over the past 3 years. DH drove me most of the time as we did it on our day of 'running errands'. So he supported every cent I spent. And the total isn't pretty. I open my cupboard doors and just get overwhelmed at all the yardage (over 550 different fabrics with 1-3 yards each, mostly 3). I too have an addiction to something that is new and wonderful and my mind spins with ideas. With the price of gas going up, maybe that will snap you back to reality and you won't leave the yard. Of course, after you have built up that stash and are comfortable with it.
I too am encouraged by DH to quilt and sew. He knows it means more to me than going back to work. As a matter of fact, today we did a road trip and every time he saw a barn or log building, he talked about how it would make a great quilting barn or shed. If we get destitute, he says we will buy a used 14x70 mobile home and the only space he needs is a bed, small kitchen, and bathroom. The rest of the area will be for quilting. He is so funny too. Like he would get any room to breath with all my stuff.

Last edited by NanaCsews2; 02-24-2012 at 09:26 PM.