Old 02-25-2012, 06:10 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Glenn,

Love the drawers they look original.

Gotta a request for anybody here.

I have a Singer 9W-7 that came to me with a damaged base. The iron frame where it curves into the treadle plate pivots is broken. I have the parts they can be welded but it's gonna cost a small fortune.

The top of the cabinet and the curved veneer try under the head was damaged due to it's owners lack of, well lack of proper packing. He put it in the back of a moving truck and at some point hit a big bump. The weight of the machine did all kinds of bad things to the cabinet.

OK, I need the top part where the part the machines hinges attach too. I've indicated by arrows the damaged areas. In this pic you can just barely see the damaged holes. Underneath all the wood is shattered away.

And I need the center drawer's attaching or sliding or pivoting parts. I have the drawer with the cut outs for the accessories, but it was RTV'd to the front of the cabinet. All it's mounting parts are gone.

The circled part is the front with the cut outs.
On this one if I had good clear photos and measurements, I might be able to fabricate them. Don't know though.

If anybody has these parts, even if they need refinished and would be willing to sell them, I'd be thrilled. I do not have the wood working tools to recreate the bigger pieces. But I can refinish them and do minor types of repairs.

Can anybody help with this?

Joe
This is why when we pick up a new treadle, we always remove the machine head before bringing the cabinet and machine home!

Nancy