View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:03 AM
psquared52

I was inspired by a posting on this board to buy the foam boards from the Dollar Store and attempt to organize my fabric. I kept buying more boards and finally ended up with 42 boards...which means I have 252 pieces of fabric, larger than 3/4 yd. I cut the 20x30 boards into 6 pieces, 10" square. I absolutely love it!! It seemed like I was always looking for one particular fabric. And making a huge mess, while doing it. My fabric is now on 6 shelves. It is easy to see what I have and easy to "audition" fabrics for a WIP. Only downside is that my husband now knows how much fabric I have. It is fun to "shop at home" though and much less expensive. I also folded and sorted smaller pieces by color and put them in bins. Found some fabrics I won't use so they are going to a deserving home. Lots of work but I am feeling much more in control which is just wonderful!!
I think everyone has their own method of organization. I love the visual of neatly wrapped fabric, organized by color. Think my sewing room looks more professional and I will be be more organized, which is a bonus!

Last edited by psquared52; 02-25-2012 at 07:07 AM.