Old 02-25-2012, 07:08 AM
canuckninepatch

Originally Posted by QuiltingCrazie View Post
I would sandwhich a sample and see whats easier. I recently worked with minky for stockings and found that no matter how much I pinned it still took some time because it liked to slip. I would think the small your quilting is the more difficult it may be cause minky doesn't stay still. That being said I'm interested how your doing the binding? I also just did a quilt with minky and I had to do almost 1/2 seams because again it liked to slip no matter how many pins. Turned out great in the end. Please dont think I'm trying to discourge you at all just curious if your handing it different and I can learn from it. My daughter loves minky and so I'm not done dealing with it lol!! Thanks!
I have actually used Minky on a few different quilts, and find that using the basting spray (505) is the answer. I also use a teflon mat designed for FMQ and find that works well too. That part doesn't scare me.

I really appreciate all of your suggestions about large meandering, and the medium gray thread. It makes so much sense. I use gray all the time for piecing, but I keep thinking I need something that "matches" to do the quilting. Thanks so much everyone.