View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:22 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
Another GREAT hint!!! I should have thought of that. Although, I do have drills here that I use... I'm just afraid of breaking the ruler
I hadn't thought about it, but he saw one of mine with the hole and asked if I wanted it in the ones he was cutting. hhmmmmm great idea!

I'm like you, that I'd be apt to make them crack or shatter .... or would get the edge unevenly cut or worse still with a sharp edge that'd late cut me! This way he does the accuracy, and if it goes wrong, he re-cuts without me knowing. All the edges are polished smooth, just as they are with our "official" rulers!

Now if we could only come up with a way for the ruler/line markings to be included in all directions, just as the others have. I did ask if there was a way he could scratch/mark it in, but no. Yes, I know that we could put it on with a Sharpie or the like ... but the accuracy just wouldn't be so perfect plus I'd be worried the permanent ink might not be so permanent and no doubt would come off onto a white fabric!