View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Handcraftsbyjen

Jacquie,
Thanks for the information. My designs are being copywritten before I post them anywhere (hence why I wouldn't post pictures of my Shamrock Twist until it was complete and copyright protected). I also have permission from CS Designs and Primitive Gatherings to include their products in my supply lists for my patterns. I made sure I wasn't in violation of copyright laws. Since my Twister patterns are all very different I decided after talking to shop owners to do individual patterns and not a book. Thanks for your advice, Jacquie! I'm also glad you like my Shamrock Twist!

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
just be careful NOT to put pix of your soon to be patterns on the internet. THat is considered being published and should you want to get them under copyright, you might run into problems. Another to consider with that many patterns is to do a book(booklet) instead of individual patterns. THat way you are putting the copyright on a collection instead of each pattern. Saves tons of money and time!

Though since you are using someone elses technique and tools you might run into issues there as well should you decide to publish/copyright the patterns! Such a tricky industry any more!

Last edited by Handcraftsbyjen; 02-25-2012 at 07:34 AM.