Old 02-25-2012, 07:45 AM
luvstoquilt

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
Yes. I shop constantly for notions, collectible things and fabric from all sorts of places. On occasion, if i get a notion that is a duplicate, I will recycle that, some object to that, but I always tell my partners I'd rather it get passed on to someone who can use it then sit around. We also usually try to do a sewing or hand crafted project if we're going to do one ahead. For example, we knew Valentines Day was good for the Feb swap, this month you could do something around spring or St Patrick's day IF you wanted to do a project. Some months I feel well enough to do one, others I don't.

Good places to find things can be a Tuesday Morning or Big Lots or thrift stores. One month I was able to find an entire set of BOM plus a backing set from Joann's at a thrift store!! And under or about $10, some one had poorly priced them. Folks also use Joann's coupons, order off line, from Ebay, once you get started, things are everywhere!
I do the same thing. I have a good sized stash of "stuff" that I think would be great in a package. As soon as I get my SP I go through what I have with their list in my hand. Next I get in my fabric stash and then I am off to the LQS for the finalization. It lets me get the pkg off in record time. I do love this swap and Lori is the best to do it! Sooooo much fun!