Old 02-25-2012, 08:42 AM
huntannette

Welll i love my serger....i`ve done a lot of clothes in the past with it but now use it mostly to serge edges of fabric before washing....as well as once in a while when i see that some fabric unravels easily i will go back and serge a few edges...yes, in the back of my quilts....i haven`t had any problem yet with the thickness , but i only SID for now....I also serge the edges of my quilts after thy are sandwiched and when i have quilted enough lines to hold it together....It so easy to put the binding on it after the quilting is done....and I handstich my bindings so makes the work much easier ...for me anyways....
Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I found a Serger at the local consignment store and they wanted 100.00 I talked them down to 60.00 - no idea if I got a good deal or not since its older but looks brand new. its an Elna 614. I have never used a Serger but have read here and there its great to use for quilting. I am very interested in hearing how others use their Sergers when making quilts. I know I am going to have a huge learning curve...and looking at the machine wonder how hard its going to be to thread. I am looking forward to hearing how others use their and also tips and advice.