View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 09:05 AM
nhweaver

Wow - what a great thrifty idea!!! I have been thinking about getting a 3.5 square up ruler and I am going to Ace to have one made. If it is good, the next time I need a special template I am going to ask them first!!!

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
I've been working on 3 Dear Janes in the Block of the Month http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...n-t175669.html
Today, I went to Ace Hardware to have my custom tri ruler made. My tri's are 8.75" instead of 8". I took the original ruler and one of my printed blocks with the 1/4" seam allowance drawn on it. I also asked him to cut off the tips. It took him about 5 minutes and cost $4. After taking the picture, I decided that lines on the ruler would be nice. I've had a tool in my desk drawer for about 20 years that I've never really used. It's for scratching your name into your expensive metal/plastic electronics in case of theft. It has a very sharp point. A couple lines went crooked and I rescratched, but it turned out great. I did the seam allowances and the center line, which are the ones I've seemed to be using so far.

So if you need a custom ruler, they really are not that expensive!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]315150[/ATTACH]