Thread: Bread Machine?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Highmtn

I have had a Hitachi bread machine for about 17 years. I had returned 2 other brands before I actually found the one that lived up to the hype. This Hitachi has been used a lot with home recipes, and pkged bread mixes. It's also gone through 3 moves. It consistently gives me a nice raised loaf, and what more can I ask for? I do MAKE SURE I have fresh yeast and IF I do purchase a pkg mix I make sure it's fresh and not way out dated.

In the chilly months nothing is more fun then setting the crock-pot and the bread machine to be done at the same time. It's like having an invisible cook in the kitchen while you're gone to work...or cutting wood.. or off snow mobiling... or skiing.. you name it. Walking back in the door to alllllllllllllll the deeeeeeeeeelish smells is just magic...lol

Good luck... I think you can have faulty machines in any brand so I'm a huge believer in consumer rights. If you get a machine that is not doing what you had hoped... take it back. My first "Black and Decker" bread machine produced DOOR STOPS. After my 4th failed loaf I returned it. There's that old joke about NEVER buying a car that was built on a Monday OR Friday. The monday crew is hung over and grouchy....and the Friday group is thinking about nothing but the weekend....LOL

Anyhow.. I love my bread machine... it's a gem.