Thread: Yay for me :)
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Yarn or Fabric

Default Yay for me :)

I have had a Bailey Home Quilter 15" midarm on a frame for about a year now.... at my old house I was too cramped in my craft room to even think about it. I had begun to detest it since it took up 1/3 of my room... It just hurt my brain thinking about it and I was somewhat afraid of it.... yes. I admit it. I'm afraid of spiders and my Bailey...

Well.... one of my friends from my quilt guild bought a longarm recently and she pushed me to get started on my Bailey. We tried about 2 weeks ago but while adjusting the screw on the bobbin case, the screw flew out and has not been seen since. I ordered a new case and got it in last week.

Today Jen came over and we got my Bailey up and running. It took a bit of fidgeting to figure out how to thread it since the "manual" it comes with is just worthless and a joke. but after a bit I was quilting!!!
I don't have a stitch regulator and have been very worried that I would need one - nope! I actually have pretty even stitches already. I'm really tickled. Now I just need to practice

I have to take apart my frame and put it together right (long story, let's just say we have it rigged to work right now lol) and lower it about 3" so I don't get strain so quickly... but I do believe that I might keep this beast even if she is sucking up a huge chunk of my new craft room. At least now I'm not looking at her thinking she's a space hog. Now I am looking at her thinking that she ain't all that bad and I'm pretty good at it.
Attached Thumbnails bailey.jpg