Old 02-25-2012, 02:52 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Yesterday, I spent three hours working in my front yard preparing my bed for mulch. We need rain badly. I think we are in for an extremely dry spring. I planning on adding more mulch to the beds to help them stay moist longer after watering them. I could work another day, but I'm tired from yesterdays work. I have that old Eldredge in the garage that needs cleaning. So, I may spend the day cleaning her up while sitting out on my patio deck since it's another beautiful warm, sunny day. Too many projects and not enough time in the day.
Yep, the whole no rain thing scares me! Sharon has a first hand experience with that issue! We will go through nothing like Texas did last year, but I always worry cause no rain will cause hay prices to soar and I am feeding 6 horses! The weeds in my back yard don't seem to care that we have got practically no rain all winter - they are going crazy! Monica, I am with you - mulching and adding lots of bark to keep things moist. Luckily, I have a pretty small landscaped yard and most of the rest of the place is drought resistent or natural or dry pastures!

I am frantically trying to figure out how to get down to see that treadle soon. I wanted to go on Monday - but, that is the day they are closed! Go figure! I may try and re-arrange so we could go tomorrow! Otherwise, I will have to wait until Wednesday. I am talking to a Joel who works or runs the store. He thinks the treadle will sell this weekend! Anyway, he gave me the serial number of #113768, which places the treadle at 1890 and made in Berlin! I am so excited! I hope I can get it - I will if I am suppose to!

Nancy