Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Nancy,

Beautiful machine!!
I enlarged the picture of the Pfaff treadle and the serial number has 7 digits, not 6 as quoted to you (looks more like 1139768). That makes it a much later date than 1890. It really looks much more like a 1910-1920ish model. Also looks like a class 15 "clone". If so it will take standard low shank feet and a generic 15 bobbin case.

Cathy
Ok Cathy after talking to you on the phone, I did the same thing you did. I pulled up the machine and enlarged the bed and serial number. Yes, they left out a digit. It does look like 1139768 or something like that, which would put the machine at 1912! Exactly 100 years old! I was really surprised when Joel sent me the 6 digit number as I thought the machine looked like about 1910. Cathy thank you for explaining that little black thread guide - it almost looks like a tension disk - on top; and the little black thingy they used to attach a needle sharpener too.

Now explain to me why it would be made by a German company as well known and respected as Pfaff and be shaped like a class 15 machine? I always thought that Singer had the patent on the class 15 until we gave the Japanese the model 15 and 99 specs after WW2. The Japanese made tons and tons of Japanese Model 15s and 99s. Why would Pfaff have a class 15 machine dating back to 1912?

I don't care, just very curious as I love to learn about these things! I love those class 15 machines. I am going to do whatever I have to to get to Oakland to get that machine! I want to use that baby!

Nancy