Old 02-26-2012, 05:44 AM
TymeToShine

QuiltnNan - great blocks! Go ahead and tri the paper piecing...it really is not hard. I wish I could remember the video I watched before I first tried it...it was a great video. I had a large roll of plain newsprint that I tried to use as the foundation paper at firts, but after several cruch-ups in the printer with it, I bought 3 different brands of foundation paper to try. I like Carol Doaks best....it feels like newspaper but goes through the printer well. Will be looking for the crayola pads to try when that is gone.

Gladys! Happy birthday and so glad you got the EQ7. I got one and have a blast playing with it. Have started a quilt that I designed in it and it is a special feeling to know it is kind of "your own" design. It is also great for trying different fabrics in to see how you want to use your colors. Things that sounded good in my mind's eye...did not look as good on EQ and that was a great time saver to be able to look before sewing. My DMIL passed away last March and we kept her cotton shirts to make 2 quilts out of...one for my husband and one for his brother. I have used the EQ to design a quilt for each of them...they both wanted 2 totally different looks and it was great to be able to show them what it will look like. I am eager to get started on those quilts...but am waiting for my sewing room to get finished. We moved into a new house last June and I will be getting the bonus room upstairs which was unfinished when we bought the house. After 40 years of sewing on the kitchen table this will be a real treat! Have run into many delays in getting the room finished so for now a lot of my sewing stuff is in boxes and stuffed into closets here and there. But I do have access to my sewing machine until I get my room. I hope you house repairs are coming along well. You can learn EQ while you wait!I don't know how well you can follow a book written in english, but the book by Patti Anderson EQ6 pieced drawing which the EQ site had on sale has been a great help to me in learning how to use all the functions to draw blocks. I also got the book by her for applique drawing and they both really help. There are lots of pictures of what you are supposed to see on your screen in the book so it might be a good book to get.