Old 02-26-2012, 06:24 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by DonnaQuilts View Post
I bought theModel 99 Singer and it needs to be cleaned for sure. Isn't it sad that when you pay for it, there isn't enough money to pay someone to clean it. It was sitting all alone in the basement of a thrift shop. It was in the 1930s writing desk with the rounded front drawers. One drawer even has an ink well. The seat with it has storage in it. There were 3 sets of attachments, a zig zagger and 3 buttonholers. I am still taking inventory and cleaning them. Can't wait to get the desk refinished so I can start sewing. The 99 doesn't work well without a case or support of some kind. The desk is small and cute. We brought it home from Illinois in the trunk of our Impala. Just barely fit. The seat went in the back seat. You could haul a pony in the trunk of an Impala.
Donna, you are right the 99, Singer Spartan - which is a 99, and the Model 66 all need to be sitting in a case or cabinet. They are not built with even legs to sit alone so you can sew on them like you could most machines. I think that is kind of a bummer as I have 3 Model 66's and a Spartan that all need a case, frame or something! My DH keeps saying he will built me one, but nothing yet!

Nancy