Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 AM
LucyInTheSky

Default Question about sewing from alternate sides when making strip sets

I know when I'm making strip sets or sewing rows that I want to alternate the side that I sew from to keep the strips from getting bowed. But what I'm confused about is the exact pattern, I guess, of the sewing.

Okay: so I have 8 strips that need to become 1 strip set. I start from side A and sew 4 seams making 4 pairs, all starting from side A. Now I want to alternate, so I go to side B and sew 2 seams making 2 groups of 2. Great, no problem, no confusion. Where I'm confused - now do I sew from side A or side B? Since starting from side A would make sense, since I alternated since I just sewed from B. But since the ones that I'm about to connect were sewn from side A initially, B would be the side to start on to make them alternate in their final placement.

I included a picture to illustrate the question

Do I want to lay out the final strip set and have each strip from 1 to 8 have started from opposite sides when I sewed? Or do I want each pass through the sewing machine to alternate? Your help is appreciated, since this is something that's been bugging me for many a time.
Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg