Old 02-26-2012, 10:44 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
I would have no problem doing that, but we are talking a 4 hour trip, which I'd do in a heart beat, but this week is just booked solid for me! I don't want to buy the machine, and not be able to get it. Besides, the fact that I don't trust anyone to try to haul it! I don't want the machine nor cabinet damaged and most people have no clue how to haul something like that treadle. They say they will deliver, but I am just too anal to take that chance - I want to pick it up myself or at least know who ever picks it up knows its worth!

Nancy
Nancy, I wish I was traveling over that way this weekend, but my son has lots of activities here at home. Otherwise, I would get that machine for you. It's about a half hour drive in one direction, but I'm sometimes close to Oakland to visit the in-laws...just this weekend we aren't.

I agree with pay with credit card over the phone. I do hope you are headed to Oakland today!

It's a beautiful machine!! The chrysanthemum decals reminds me of the Japanese love for chrysanthemums, used in art work, fabrics, and festival. That may be a clue as to why a "clone 15". Germans may have been intrigued with the Japanese use of chrysanthemums. I like to speculate a lot, makes for interesting stories!!!