View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Helen6869

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Is your heart set on a quilt? My mother-in-law made a wonderful shadow box with my husband's boy scout uniform and patches, along with several of his soccer shirts, soccer patches, pictures of him playing soccer and football, and even the tiny cast from his 4-year-old broken arm. (My DH is 6'4", I can't believe it ever fit on him!) I liked it so much, and she did such a great job on his, so I asked her to make one for me, and she did! Mine has all my girl scout patches, patches that I had collected from every state I've traveled to, all of my chenille letters from high school and jr high, a picture of me as a baby, awards I won in school, and an apron I cross-stitched and sewed in Home Ec. Everyone that visits us loves to look at the shadow boxes and there are quite a few stories told about the objects in them. I love the fact that these items are displayed and not stored in a box somewhere.
They sound beautiful! I'll bet you love them. I have no idea how to put one of these together. Would probably take me forever. I really need to get this done before he gets too old to appreciate it! lol! thanks for sharing this idea though.