Old 08-27-2009, 07:12 AM
marsye
Banned

As many as you probably know I make to sell fabric appliques and applique quilt blocks. I don't actually finish them myself, don't have the time! But everyday and sometimes several times a day I get emails wanting to know how to finish the applique (raw) edges once they apply the appliques to their fabric (or projects) or how to finish my blocks. Alot of the people that email me say they are beginners and want to learn. The only ways I know to finish them are machine satin stitch, a small zig zag stitch or by using permanent washable fabric paint. Many customers have told me they hand stitch them but I've never done that with these. Are there other ways? I am not real good at describing what I'm not a expert at. I mostly design the patterns and the customer finishes them. I was wondering if there are some of you on here that could write me a short description explaining the many techniques to finishing that I could cut and paste to my Etsy and Ebay items? I'm just talking about a short paragraph telling the many techniques that can be used to finish....but not alot of detail instructions on how to do it due to space. Am I making sense? :-) I've decided to kinda make this a contest. You can PM me or post your short description here and if I use your description I will send you a free set of my appliques. (your choice) :-)