View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 AM
cdmmiracles

[[[QUOTE=Holice;5006593]I am developing a class to refresh/renew knowledge and skills in those techniques and/or information about quiltmaking. In reading the posts here and other sites it appears that there is a gap in certain aspects of quiltmaking that one was not either exposed to or perhaps forgot. Back in the early days of the revival of quiltmaking we learned quiltmaking from the very basic to advanced. It was the days before all the develpment in technology, supplies and euipment so we had to do it all ourselves.

What information do you find lacking today.
What do you wish you did or could learn to be a better qultmaker.

It is almost like learing complex math or science without having to do the calculations because the gadgets will do it for us. Yet we don't know how the gadget arrived at the right answer.

So I'm asking.......what would you like to know.]]]

WOW HOLICE, I would love to be able to purchase this as a booklet or even a homemade Video, once you have it compiled. I would love to learn the basics, I'm self taught ( ) with very little of the basic knowledge, have looked through books and articles, but so many out there, it's confusing on whats good and whats not. There is one LQS about 45min from me, but buying fabric is a hassle because the chick that is running it right now appears put out by any and all questions. I have been reading this thread, and it has been awesome.......actually even ordered a couple of the basic books that members have suggested (last night). Wish I lived near you so I could take your class!! Best of Luck to you! And thanks for all the tips so far from the other members..........keep them coming, please