View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 AM
PJisChaos

Default 3 months of hard work paying off!

Yes, I will be so ever-grateful to be done with this one and have it out of here! I had numerous problems with this one, as it's the most intricate thing I have made. Everything was a struggle, from the designing all the way to the zig-zag around the edge after quilting it. It took just a week to even start quilting, my machine was not in the mood to play nice, neither were the 2 backups. Then a rough start as I tried to FMQ, so rip rip rip and went with what I know, walking foot and straight stitching. Not an easy feat to do with all the curves around the appliques. Tried 3 different basting methods, baste one way, start quilting and then change the basting as each way was just not holding things together. Ended up popping $8 for a can of basting spray and thank the Lord! I have found a new way to baste, and it is so worth the price! Then, had a border all ready to go but... after quilting it, I just didn't like it so, toss that in the scrap box and I think I am just gonna go with a flange binding instead. Just have to figure out the colors to use. Needless to say, this quilt, while full of hard work and worth it in the end, will not be missed. It is called "Path to the Promise" and is for a co-worker of DH's that is having their 4th baby girl in April.
The Ark and the animals were featured in a book by Debbie Mumm to be used as a bumper pad set with the Ark being the headboard. It was published using bold, vivid colors and suited for a boy. I combined the two and made what is shown, softening the colors for a girl.
Attached Thumbnails 015.jpg   019.jpg   016.jpg   023.jpg