View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 AM
gypsylady5

IT is very hard for me to buy the expensive fabrics, so I head for sales when I want to buy fabrics. I am disappointed by Walmart and by Joann's. IT just isn't what I was expecting. Good advice for using good recycled clothing. Many times these are really nice fabrics and you can get them for a lot less money. Buy when you find a good fabric at a good price for you and save it for your inspirational quilts. Have fun and play with the cheaper fabrics. I often use the junk fabric to back my quilting blocks before finishing into a quilt or pillow. I just don't buy the real cheap stuff anymore.

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
You might want to check out Bonnie Hunter's site www.quiltville.com She uses many recycled good shirt fabrics in her scrap quilts. This might be something you could try if the cost of quilt shop fabric scares you. Hey, quilt shop fabric scares me sometimes. I try to buy on the sale rack myself. Some people have had luck at Walmart with some of the better fabrics on the bolts. Buy a fat quarter from your quilt shop and take that with you to the Walmart and compare the feel and thread count and see what you are comfortable using.