View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 PM
buslady

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...e-t180051.html
This is the tread I started. I actually got the NOOK Tablet. I have only found one quilt mag that is available for any of the tablets/ereaders. But have emailed a couple of others and have been told they should be available very soon. I liked the support I got at Barnes and Noble. That is why I got the NOOK. They even offer free classes on learning to use them. Sales person said they will teach me anything I need/want to know. Best Buy was NO help! Walmart was OK, but it is always hard to get assistance, and need one on one direction for somethings. The tablet has regular internet, so you can visit all the internet quilting sites. I used it all weekend and I am HOOKED!!!! Also, the newest tablet, 16g, allows "side loading" to and from your computer. The class will help me with that, I hope to be able to scan stuff into computer and side load it to the NOOK so I have current project info with me when I go shopping, etc. Hope this helps. I had a hard time deciding. Best buy said the tablets did nore than the ereaders, and the Nook is the cheepest of the tablets I saw. Pd. $250, plus $50 for "idiot insurance", and I got a B&N membership and got $25 off the purchase, making the membership free. Hope some of this helps