Old 02-27-2012, 03:39 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
This is the machine that I cleaned up this weekend. It still could use a bit more cleaning, but the goal was to get her cleaned up enough to move it out of the garage. It's a National, called The Eldredge. I think this is National's first in line of "The Eldredge" series- but I could be wrong. Spent hours looking for another machine and cabinet like this on the internet, only to find one person. Found one person with "The Eldredge", but it looked to be the next in line. At first I thought this machine was made around 1890, but when cleaning up the cabinet top there was a stamp in the wood with 1901. I love the treadle irons on this machine the most. I'm not in love with the machine and the poor cabinet needs help. Wish this machine found Glenn instead of me. He would have this cabinet looking gorgeous! The cool part of the machine is the long section (neck) isn't round, but a hexagon shape. I haven't sewn with it. I rescued this machine; I think the previous owner messed up the decals. I don't know what I'm going to do with this machine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]315960[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]315961[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]315962[/ATTACH]
Monica, I was wondering what Eldredge you were talking about cleaning up! I love it! It reminds me of my Eldredge Two Spools, also made by National! Oh and what is not to love about that cabinet? I love the fact that the cabinet says "Eldredge" - it is also shaped so nice!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-27-2012 at 03:43 PM.