View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Woodster

I feel like a professional mover myself, having moved over 35 times in my 31 years of marriage (husband is a builder!)
We have used everything, sans PODS for moving, from the nationals (NEVER again) to do it yourself - younger days!
Our latest move from Idaho to NC, we used ABF, and had good luck. We also saved a lot of $$ in the process. We did
all the packing ourselves, and as we were going into a rental also, had to double pack - one set of boxes for storage, one for using for 6 months. We separated the items in the garage - one section storage, one rental.

ABF drops off a trailer box at your residence (in the street) and leaves it for 3 days. We hired a local mover to take
the items from the garage and pack them in the ABF trailer rental stuff in first, then storage after. On the third day,
ABF came and picked up the trailer and drove it across country to our storage facility. There we hired a local mover
to unload and pack the storage unit. We then had a couple of days to load up the storage facility truck and take our
boxes to the rental house (ours was furnished, so we could do the boxes ourselves). You could always have the local
mover pack your local use truck and unload as well. Your choice.

We had good luck with moving this way, and would do it again (oh, please, no). It's no wonder I never get anything done!!