View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:54 AM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by SuzanneG View Post
Sorry, but breeders aren't trainers/behaviorists. The problem is, as humans, we are hardwired to always do whats always been done. In other words, we hate change. But change can, and often is, good. I won't argue repeatedly about why it's wrong to feed early and pull up water with a little puppy, except to say that this "advice" is always given with the sole purpose of making the human's life easier, not what's in the best interest of the puppy. I would hope though that as people who make their living off of animals, and in the interest of doing what is best for dogs (and in educating properly future pet owners) you would educate yourselves on this subject instead of going with what's always been done and promoting outdated, unnecessary and potentially harmful information to dog owners.
Please don't assume that I (or probably Sunnie) have not *educated* ourselves, or that we are not *trainers*, or *behaviorists*. Speaking for myself ... I have hundreds of hours of formal and informal education and training in all of the above fields as well as raising litters of puppies and raising at least one puppy from each of those litters to adulthood.

Nor should you assume that I do any of this out of convenience for my own life style. There is in fact nothing about raising puppies or adult dogs that I find "convenient" in any sense of the word.

Nor do I even come CLOSE to *making a living* off of animals. My breeding program is in fact a enormous expense and I rarely recoup a fraction of my costs. I didn't, and won't, do it for the money.

So please don't assume you know what you are talking about when you are speaking about my breeding program.