View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:16 PM
KentuckyWoman

Moved one year ago using one of the pod systems. I had a great experience. The tips about sealing the bedding and upholstered items is ALWAYS a good idea - but that won't protect your clothes from insects and mice. Perhaps purchase and pack repellant in each pod. We used Moth Balls and Flea Collars...(But I don't know what actually repels mice or insects??? try this link http://www.earth-kind.com/learn/mice...ners-or-scams/ )

Our things were in transit for only a short period of time and then in storage for just under 2 months. If I was going to do it again (and I was going to be living somewhere temporarily)... I'd pack "things I need now" in one pod and "things I'm going to leave in storage" in all the others.

don't be afraid of it. Just hire professionals to pack the pods (and even your boxes if you don't know how to do it correctly) - that's what we did. Quick delivery/pickup on both ends. Our things in storage were in great shape.

but be sure to check on the storage rates.... some include storage and some add large extra charges.... When moving and comparing your rates - it's not all "apples".... sometimes there are "oranges" too! (and a few nuts like me...)