View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
dunster
Power Poster

I use EQ6 for amost every quilting project. I did not feel that there was much of a learning curve; however I am very comfortable around computers. If you are familiar with other Windows programs, know how to use the mouse, the left and right mouse buttons, shift and control keys, etc. then you should have no problem.

I have not found it necessary to start scanning in my own fabrics, since there are so many fabrics available already within the EQ6 package, as well as more on the internet that can be downloaded. I just look for fabrics of a similar color, and so far that has worked fine. I don't expect the quilt that I make to look exactly like the design - what would be the fun in making it then?

The only times I have been thwarted by EQ6 were when I wanted to design with different types of non-rectangular blocks that weren't already in the EQ6 quilt layout page. Generally I can find a workaround, however. My avatar is an example - the blocks are different shapes, not all are rectangular, and trying to put it together in EQ6 was difficult. As it was, I was only able to make an approximation in EQ6, but I learned something about the quilt and about the program while trying.