Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 AM
QuiltingCrazie

This is just my opinion please don't take it personally......why is it that when people make quilts for soldiers they are always red white and blue. I'm married to a soldier and I'm being honest the last thing my husband wants to think about in his down time is the Army. I just wondered why people don't make other quilts as well. I'm not talking complicated patterns but like blocks of novelty foods like pizza and wings I'll be the first to tell you soldiers love food when they come home they all have a list of what food places they are going to first. Alot of the wounded are depressed and being reminded they can never be that soldier they were is hard. All I'm saying is soldiers like the same things the men in your family like. Don't discount fabric you have to look for patriotic.
Please don't jump all over me for my opinion that's what it is.
Easy pattern that is fast ...yellow brick road and it's not boring. If you use directional fabric takes an extra thought process but I have done it a couple times and still was fast and easy. Great thing is every time it comes out different because the block arrangement is endless.