Thread: 401 questions
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:59 AM
GEMRM

Taking it back is over an hour away, and the whole time, the guy was ragging on how the person who previously did a general cleaning (and recommended this guy for servicing), didn't know what he was doing and shouldn't be touching machines etc. He charged way to much to fix a small tension adjustment that I had been unable to diagnose and I really did not have a good feeling about him. The next closest person is 1 1/5 hours away. I used to have a really nice old fellow, who was a perfectionist and knew the older machines inside out. Unfortunately, it's virtually impossible to get him to work on anything anymore, as his wife doesn't want him doing it. He really enjoys the machines, and talking to people, but I have made appointments to drop off a machine, gotten there, and then no one would answer the door, but people were home. He was on my way to town too! Oh well, we will persevere one way or another.
Thanks to all who have responded, including the advice on finding the serial number.
GEMRM