View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 AM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
I was really shocked at the rising prices at Walmart, too. But since Walmart is one of my biggest sources for fabric-I really do use their material to make quilts-it's still better that LQS on my beyond limited budget! I will also agree that sometimes WM's quality is lacking, can't go too cheap, but then I don't buy what I don't feel it right for my purpose. Sometime when reading reactions of others about Walmart I feel out of place. So I just want beginners to know (especially when starting out) it's okay to use Walmart fabrics, it's cheaper when making mistakes while learning. I just think of the origins of the quilt and the materials that were used. I guess to me the finished quilt is perfect because it's made with love, on the sum total of it's parts
Guess I'm a little late in responding to this but I have started to ignore any postings with the words "Walmart" and "Fabric" in the title. It is such an over worked topic.

To members such as Wendsy, don't EVER let anyone make you think that your work is inferior because of where you buy your fabrics. People buy what they can afford. You already stated that you make sure you feel the fabric and if it doesn't feel right to you, you don't buy it. You have the concept down. I do the same thing if I am at Walmart, Joanns AND quilt shops. There are absolutely no rules as to what fabric you can use in a quilt or where you have to buy your fabrics to be accepted. It is wonderful that quilters have choices as to where they buy their fabrics, it is just not a requirement to buy the top of the line of everything.