View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
And so many times I've seen posters ask ... and the info is already in the original post, as you mentioned.
Or that the question has been asked and answered. And sometimes several times.

The other day, there was a thread that had gotten to ten pages ...... On the tenth page, two people had asked a question. And guess what? two posts before (posts not pages; and on the same page) the original poster had answered it already. And it was several hours prior to those two posts, so no possibility of posting at the same time.

Worse still .... it was a request for a picture ...... kind of obvious that IF those questioning had even looked at their own post after making it, that they'd have seen the picture ....... and could have changed their post instead of the rest of us seeing their mistake.

The point I'm making ......... READ folks! Sometimes the answer is there, and we haven't looked for it.
And further, no one is obligated to give the info anymore than they choose to.

If the answer is not there ... ask it on the thread, rather than giving the original poster more work with a PM. I've had times when I answered the info within a thread and several times. And yet, have still received several PMs asking the same thing. Many of us don't have time to run private conversations for info that has not need to remain private.

And no, I'm not a grumpaloo this morning ... just that this is one of the discussions that never ends, and we really don't want "rules" for everything we do. Do we?

I read all the posts too to see if the info has been given and I missed it, then I keep cking to see if it has been posted later. It does take some time to pre-read pages but I dont want to ask again if the answer has already been posted.