View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Sounds like DH and myself until we moved back to the States from Vanuatu. Over the 20 years we lived there, we loaded up every trip back to the states, and finally had to build a wall-to-wall bookcase to hold them. When we packed to come back, I had to make the decision-only keep a couple of boxes of our favorites-and I donated all the rest to our Animal charity there-I build a bookcase in my Cafe there and use it as a book exchange/sale and all the proceeds go to our charity. There is really no place there to get books, so it is well-patronized! We continually get donated books from visiting yachts, tourists, and others now, and using it as an exchange (we charge about $2.00) we keep many in circulation, earning everytime one gets swapped. We get an average of about $400.00 monthly!! We use that money to help educate the locals on animal welfare and do free spay and neutering for the local's dogs and cats. Anyway, I felt better after making that decision to get rid of them. Since we've been back, we are slowly building up again. DH devours books!