View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 AM
JenniePenny

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
I saw that the flat rate envelopes the post office gives you were 5.30. How are you guys getting 2yds of fabric for 2.70? If you guys can share that with me then I am all for the cheaper rate. I know here in WA we are paying $4.05 for gas so any little bit of money we all can save would be nice. I just don't use the post office much until now. Thanks for all the help my fellow quilters
We can ship first class, which is just one class below priority. In my experience, it really only takes ONE extra day to get to its destination versus using Priority.
My suggestion is this:
Everybody pick up a 3 pack of 6"x9" manilla envelopes (found at drug stores, office supply stores, grocery stores.) Put 2 regular stamps on one envelope, then fold this envelope in half, and put it, along with your 1/3 yard ugly fabric, into the second envelope and mail to our host. This may cost just over $1- check with your post office. The price difference is due to the envelope inside. Keep the third envelope for a future use. I have a scale and also mail out little packages twice a week, so I know that 1/3 yard will be fine with just two stamps on a 6"x9" envelope.

Thanks! I will wash my ugly fabric tonight and send to our host soon.