View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:15 PM
fireworkslover

Originally Posted by hevemi
I print the pattern on freezer paper. Then I use photo paper or even a shiny post card, place the straigth edge on the printed line and fold along the line. The shiny surface gives the card/photo paper a good grip so it doesn't slip when folding,
I too use freezer paper. With this method you fold back the pattern on your sew line and stitch right next to the fold. After you press and trim this piece, the sewn portion of the pattern will be stuck to your fabric, so all you have to do is hold the new strip in place and put under the needle. I usually make small blocks so don't need a pin at this point, but if you have large pieces over 6" long, you could pin it. When I used to stitch thru the paper I'd use 1.5 stitch length. Now with freezer paper pp, I use a 2. You don't need to backstitch, I just start and stop 1/4" in front of and beyond each sew line. If you need to rip out a seam, do it and then use clear tape to put your pattern back together if you're sewing thru it. If you're using freezer paper, you haven't sewn thru and perforated it, it's just folded- so no problem. If you haven't seen the freezer paper method, there's tutes on it on this board or on youtube. Good Luck!