View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 01:58 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Miriam, Joe or anyone else, is there any thing foot pedals need besides the obvious. The Universal wants to sew, but it slows down and I stop trying. The motor was checked when it was rewired - though he didn't have the other electrics, just the motor, but I'm sure he had a way to check it. The cords are original, but look good. I got the cover off the foot petal (it took a pair of pliers and a hammer) and all the wiring looks intact, just dusty. I vacuumed it and put it back together. Is there anything else I could have done while I was there? I don't know anything about all those contacts and the thing that moves across them. I put the belt from the Admiral on it. It stil seems a little tight. I am waiting on a new one from sew-classic before I buy a new foot pedal. One thing at a time, but do the insides of the pedal need any servicing I can do? My son will be here Saturday. What should he check for?
My DH is really good with the electric so I turn it over to him. I have seen him sand or polish pits or tits off a the contacts.