Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Nancy,

I'm so glad that you got the Pfaff. It really is beautiful.

The post sticking out to the right on the bobbinwinder is to hold a round stone. It is used to sharpen needles. Quite common on the old German machines.

The two "cups" on the frame are to hold oil can. Maybe one oil can and one kerosene can?

Nancy, I have two very different styles of 3/4 sized 15 Japanese clones. One is a solid cast metal body like a singer 15. The other has 2 light weight sheet metal removable covers (front and back) and a sheet metal bed which is also removable. Think clam shell. I'll try to remember to post picture when I get home on Friday. Anyone want to remind me (too many senior moments and a senior memory).

Cathy
Cathy, I have seen those Cinderella type machines. The little 3/4 or 1/2 sized machines that come apart. There are a couple people here on the board that have those, but I didn't remember or pay attention to them being a 3/4 size 15! I would love to see them both!

That dohicky on my Pfaff, I think was added. I wonder if it was some kind of clamp to fasten a light of some sort to since it is located directly above the sewing path?

Nancy