View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 AM
ruthrings

Default Another Prayers and Squares quilt

This is a Prayers and Squares quilt I did a while back. Several people asked about Prayers and Squares when I posted my others last week.
Prayers and Squares is a national organization with chapters in churches all over the world, most here, of course. We make lap quilts with knots left untied until someone requests a prayer quilt. Then on Sunday morning we put the quilt on the patio with a note re the request and people tie a knot and say a prayer. Typically there are 50 or more knots tied, each representing a prayer. We often give out 3 a week! Fabrics are donated, but we have a budget from the church, too. We meet once a month for "basting." Some groups get together to sew, too. You can google Prayers and Squares and see the website. It's such a blessing to ME to be able to do something so fun and creative and have it be so beneficial as well.
I've seen others do this pattern, don't remember the name. Just cut four squares from identical repeats of the pattern like a square stack and whack.
First try at uploading failed. I don't know why they're so big!
Attached Thumbnails quilts-009.jpg   quilts-011.jpg  

Last edited by ruthrings; 03-01-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: no pictures