Old 03-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Hummer Lady

Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
You have the magic touch. I have a friend who lives in TX that is the same way. She finds the best things and always super cheap.But I am pretty sure she has Never found 3 featherweights and a table for those prices. We have a crown we pass back and forth for the Bargin Queen I think its your turn. LOL
This is a great idea! I love it. Now I know what to do with that old tiara I still have. BFF and I are always looking for bargains at the local thrift stores. It's usually a bust...I just happen to be at the right place at the right time on a couple of occasions...where the folks pricing did not know what they had. They probably thought the featherweight was a kid's toy...and who would want a table with a hole in it? I was in the same Goodwill again and found 3 old Singers for $50 each. They looked like they had been in an old barn as a door stop...missing parts, rusty...pretty much beyond repair. Another store had a FW for $145 which looked like it had been dragged behind a car for 100 yards...nothing came with it. I watched a woman buy it and was excited to have it.

Last edited by Hummer Lady; 03-01-2012 at 09:59 AM.