View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 AM
NUBQ

Smile Fixed a runaway Janome foot pedal!

The pedal was getting worse, not stopping when my foot came off it..a little tap would stop it. Read on here (QB) that someone's husband took their pedal apart...Also read on an old forum, that Janome has that problem at times...So I removed plate (after unplugging , of course) and wiped away a couple little cobwebs. a little dust. Put it back together, tried it, and this time it ran at full speed, so I figured "I've really done it now". Hurredly unplugged it and looked up the price of a new one.. I went ahead and repeated above. The screw for the plate was askew, and plate was not on properly. This time it ran like brand new.. I'm so happy when my repairs turn out for the good, I had to share, in case it comes in handy for the good people on here... Didn't do anything, but clean it up a bit.... Cleaned out the lint in machine again while I was at it..Went at it with a pointed Q-tip...SO worthwhile to keep it all dust/lint free....Runs like butter....
P.S. This board has been such a learning forum for me..Thank you so much!!...So much information stored away.. (Now I make sure my iron is unplugged, when not in use, for one thing)