View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Mad Mimm

I like going to quilt shows. I do find them inspiring (even if they are miles out of my skill range at the moment). I enjoy seeing the result of people taking risks with techniques and what they accomplish. I always come away from quilt shows feeling energized and inspired to get into my sewing room and get sewing.

Jackie is it possible for sister and auntie to visit you instead of you going to them? Sounds like things are tight budget wise and you don't really sound that enthusiastic about the show. I understand being overwhelmed and exhausted at the end. My DH and I used to go to a 3 or 4 day jazz festival in Eureka CA. By the second or third day we were wiped out and sick of music - just exhausted. So we started planning breaks and giving ourselves some away time too - quiet hikes in the redwoods and picnics on the beach - just the ticket for renewing energy. Perhaps you can scale down your activity level (if you do decide to go) so that you can enjoy yourself more and not be as worn out when you are through.

Good luck making your decision - sounds like a fine pickle to me!