View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Several of us at the shop were talking yesterday about the concept of selling kits for small, simple functional items like table runners or placemats. I thought that maybe a program like EQ6 could be used to create the design, and then we could fill the design in using fabrics we have... and then when we run out of one of the fabrics, replace it with something similar and re-create the "picture" so to speak. Or maybe we could use the same pattern, but fill it in with, say, different holiday fabrics, and then EQ6 would, so to speak, sew the demo project.

Now, I've never used EQ6 or even seen a demo. I'm just "imagining" how it might work. I believe that even the project sheets that the manufacturers use to sell their collections, are only "virtual" not "real" quilts. So they (the manufacturers' marketing departments) must also be using some kind of software to create their patterns.

I'd really appreciate it if someone who actually uses EQ6 could tell me if I'm off base about all this, or if how I'm thinking we could use it is at all reasonable.

I suppose I should also ask, about how much EQ6 costs?