View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
lawsonmugs
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Hey everyone.. Im very happy with the results of making the March square, however Im not happy with the picture my camera took..darn flash messed it up.

I followed the pattern with the exceptions of making 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 log cabin squares for the leaf blocks. The stem block I was forced to paper piece because I didn't have enough material to make the cuts the pattern called for. I used one inch strips to make the log cabin blocks an I set my need all the way to the right to sew the one inch strips together.
The square measures 11.5 X 11.5 So I am trying to decide what fabric to frame it with to bring it to the 12.5 X 12.5 finished block. Now to go back and work on Jan and Feb blocks. I totally messed up Jan and have to redo it. Feb needs to be expanded to the finishing block size.

I haven't decided but I am thinking to try and hand quilt as I go each block and then join them. So once I get Jan and Feb caught up I think I will make my decision and start on the quilting of the blocks made so far. Will check back in to ooh and ahh everyones blocks as they are posted this month.
Cute idea. Looks great